To know how to evoke enthusiasm is the art of teaching
Henri-Frederic Amiel (1821-1881, Swiss author)
Evoking the enthusiasm of students can be considered as a challenge of ist own. We believe that passion for teaching, ideally supplemented by the passion for the CAE suite employed for the CAE classes is the key.
Simulation drives Innovation. Enthusiasm and Passion drives Inspiration.
The comprehensive HyperWorks CAE suite encompasses linear-nonlinear, implicit–and explicit Finite Element Analysis (FEM), Optimisation including composites, Multibody Dynamics (MBD) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulation. Even though HyperWorks is an expert CAE simulation suite, it offers an unparalleled flexibility for Teaching.
HyperWorks is employed for undergraduate classes, for the education of Master Students or for the simulation challenges addressed in a Bachelor-, Master-, or Ph.D. thesis. Undergraduate students may benefit from the simplified FEM process guide available in HyperMesh. This guide allows students to quickly set-up and run their first analysis without any time consuming introdution into the FEM system. The more experienced user benefits from the leading edge technologies available in HyperWorks, without the need to learn a different expert system.
Some details describing „HyperWorks for Teaching“ are listed below.
- The entire suite of HyperWorks (no limitations on model size)
- Flexible license scheme
- One license for teaching and non-commercial research i.e. Bachelor-, Master-, or Ph.D. thesis
- License may be shared by other departments as well—without additonal costs
- Highly discounted license fees
- Student Version
- Supplementing the campus license
- Simplified FEM Process Guide
- HyperWorks Starter Kit
- A collection of learning material students should study before the first CAE class starts
- Repository (Twiki) of learning and teaching material
- Numerous E-Learning videos and Webinars
- Highly discounted seminars at Altair facilities and at your campus
- User Meetings -the ideal platform for students to practice their presentation skills. Why not attending a User Meeting in course of an excursion?
- Academic Blog
- Academic Training Blog
- Academic Newsletter (advertise your paper/abstract)
- Altair‘s CAE Challenges & Awards
- Support of Student Challenges
- Free licenses and training
- Students train Students Initiative
- Bachelor– and Master thesis at Altair or in cooperation with other companies
- Free licenses & trainings for teachers
and much more …
Let us know your ideas and requests.
We appreciate your interest!