The Student Edition is available for FREE on the Altair Online Store only.
While pursuing the steps described below, please make sure and use the PC/Laptop the Student Edition will be installed on.
1. Go to Altair Online Store (https://secure.altair.com/onlinestore), then choose your country (currency is not relevant as it's free).
2. Create an Online Store Account (you need to use an E-Mail address of your campus). After that, you’ll receive a notification mail with your login information.
3. Login the Altair Online Store with your personal login data.
4. Start “shopping”: Select the Student Edition and run the available tool to find your Ethernet HostID.
Please make sure that Wifi and Bluetooth are switched off when you run the tool, in case you see a series of zeroes output by the tool, run ipconfig/all in command window and enter what you see in physical address under Ethernet adapter local area connection.
Contact us by mail here email@example.com with any concerns / questions.
Then click "Add Items To Cart"
5. “Place the order”. Note: your license request still needs to be approved by the Altair University Team which may take up to 24h. If you are ordering from India, the process may take longer, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number to complete the India student edition process.
6. After approval you will receive an order confirmation E-Mail with status delivered. This mail includes the download link to your personal license file and the software.
7. Install the Student Edition and place the license file (named altair_lic.dat) in the HyperWorks sub-directory “/security/...”